iPhone - No Wi-Fi?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by milani, Sep 16, 2008.

1. milani macrumors 68000

milani

So I had my phone sitting on the table, and I went to pick it up and noticed I was on 3G as opposed to Wi-Fi, which is odd because I have a wireless network setup in my house. Moreover, the phone displayed bars of service, and the carrier, but the icon for 3G or Edge was missing as well.

Anyway, I go to settings and this is what I see (refer to attachment). Since it was grayed out, I couldn't force the phone to show all the available networks. I fixed the problem by restarting the phone, but has this happened to anyone else?

Attached Files:

• wr.jpg
      wr.jpg
      File size:
      40.2 KB
      Views:
  2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

This happens from time to time. A search would have yielded other threads. I would suggest calling Apple the next time it happens.

TEG

3. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

It's almost as if the Wi-Fi antennae in the iPhone itself was disconnected from the motherboard in the iPhone to the point where it did not see the hardware... This is interesting... At least you had no problem fixing...

4. milani thread starter macrumors 68000

milani

I tried searching the topic but nothing came up for me :confused:. I'm not too worried about it yet, but if it keeps happening it might be cause for concern!

5. sebgreen macrumors regular

same problem on 1st gen iphone

I had the same problem on my original iphone, after a restart it would come back on but after a while it wouldn't, the wi-fi option was gray the whole time and un-fixable.

I spoke to apple about it and they said they knew about the problem, it was a phone replacement job but as my phone was an unlocked AT&T phone in the UK they wouldn't cover it.

sounds like the problem is now affecting the 3G iphone :(