iPhone Non-ATT Sim

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by squirrelbrand, May 29, 2008.

1. squirrelbrand macrumors newbie

Howdy.

Going overseas to Israel, where iPhone is not supported by the ATT global data plan. Just out of curiosity...if I purchased a prepaid SIM card while overseas...and assuming my iPhone is unlocked...will I be able to use email and other data tools? I do not believe so, but maybe one of you knows something better!

Also, assuming I will have an iPhone 3G before I leave in July...will it be easier or just faster?

As you can tell, I want to 1) avoid the crazy roaming fees we all know about, and 2) not have to rely solely on WIFI since I will need my email all day every day.

Any tips/thoughts/suggestions? Otherwise, I will just sign up for a new ATT phone number and use my old crackberry with its global data plan since I have done this previously.

Many thanks.

2. iFerd macrumors 6502a

Your sig surprises me. Aren't all the aluminum iMacs Intel based?

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Could it possibly be the long-awaited powerbook G5 in a desktop disguise?

5. squirrelbrand thread starter macrumors newbie

wow,you all are super cool and really know your stuff. Now, how about a little more help with the question and less useless trivia about macs.

6. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

If you unlock the iPhone, a prepaid SIM should work (although you may have to use iLiberty+ or something to "activate" it again when you first put the SIM in, I'm not sure). I honestly don't know about data though...I think that will depend on if you can buy a prepaid SIM that includes some sort of data provision on it.

Can you explain the "iMac G5 Aluminum" now?

7. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

I think the peeps want a correction in your signature...

It would be an aluminum iMac Core Duo or Core Duo 2 with Intel chips... the G5 ones were all plastic based.

8. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Speaking of signatures, you might want to condense yours down so it takes up 2 lines rather than the current 4-5 as per guidelines on sigs... :)

9. squirrelbrand thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you.

Sig will be corrected. I casually thought all iMacs that were white and aluminum were G5s...but I see I was wrong. I do appreciate the kind way you explained it at the end. To the rest of you...suck it!