iPhone (non)Usage - Glitch or Memory Leak?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kwjohns, Jul 23, 2008.

1. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

OK, so I've encountered a little issue today. Not sure what's causing it but my average usage of my iPhone 3G typically lasts me all day with 70%+ battery life remaining when I go to bed.

I noticed earlier in the day that my battery was dying WAY faster than it should have been. As I type this now, it's nearly 4PM and my battery is below 10% charge. I just took it off the charger a little over 9 hours ago and have hardly used it today. In checking my phone usage, it says I've used it for 5+ hours today. I haven't even used this thing an hour total today!

It seems to me like there's a glitch/memory leak that has caused something to stay enabled and drain my battery drastically.

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

I've seen some reports of memory leaks in the 2.0 firmware. Battery life in my original iphone has suffered since I upgraded. I have also had apps crash the entire iphone upon launch. The rumors I've read say there is a mem leak that eventually leaves nothing, so when you launch an app there is no mem left. It's been a few days since my last crash so not sure what I have been doing differently lately.