iphone noob! tmobile web2go compatible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hect111, Jan 5, 2009.

1. hect111 macrumors newbie

Hey guys i am looking to buy a data plan for my T mobile iphone i heard of the plan that replaced T-zones Web2go i called t mobile up and asked for some prices the most reasonable one for me is the 100MB for 10 bills but i still dont exactly know how much 100MB is like how much does an average web site hold? and then i asked the guy: well ill be using the iphone, is it compatible? he said no the only plan that works with the iphone is the unlimited web for 24.99 in my head i said B.S! there must be a way to get it compatible so i said ok thanks ill think about it and that was it so is there a way to get the web2go 10 dollar add on?

2. kinkster macrumors 6502a

You can use the web2go $10 plan but you probably shouldn't because 100MB isn't anything... you'd burn through that really quickly. I'm pretty sure he was just giving you the official answer, no reason the $10 plan wouldn't work.

You should just go with the $24 though. Do remember that the iPhone 3G isn't compatabile with tmobiles 3G though, so you'll be at EDGE speeds only.

3. Daveecee macrumors regular

I got my iPhone 3 or 4 days ago and I've used 21.7 MB worth of data. This is using Maps and Safari a few times, as well as regular checking of mail. 100 MB is pretty much nothing and you will probably go over that limit if you want to use any aspect of the internet regularly.

4. hect111 thread starter macrumors newbie

mm ok the thing is i only had 100 bucks to get the plan but i made up my mind im going for the unlimited for 24.99 do i have use any proxies like t-zones or does it just work instantly?

5. kinkster macrumors 6502a

The proxies on tzones are because tzones is only meant for certain things on cheepo phones(i.e propriety weather app or something).

With this you shouldn't have to change anything except maybe the APN. You can change that easily by going to some site, ill pull it up later or somone else. You can worry about that when you get it though, it wont be a problem.