iPhone not activating afeter upgrade

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by l0v3mon3y08, Dec 3, 2009.

1. l0v3mon3y08 macrumors newbie

i just updated my iPhone 2G to the lastes firmware and then i jailbroke it with redsn0w_0.8 and NOW when i connect to iTunes it says "The sim card is not supported":confused:

BTW I AM ON T-MOBILE

2. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

Jailbreak had nothing to do with unlock, you need to unlock it with blacksn0w

3. l0v3mon3y08 thread starter macrumors newbie

i've done that and iTunes keeps saying that only compatible SIM cards from a supported Carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Any other suggestions ??

4. hia macrumors newbie

I think you may have to use blacksnow for the jailbreak

5. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

6. l0v3mon3y08 thread starter macrumors newbie

what do i use to open the custom ipsw..... i tried redsn0w but it say unable to regoginze

7. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

If you are using windows pc, open up itune, hold down the shift key and click restore, browse to the ispw file and restore.

Or you can jailbreak again with blackra1n, I believe it will hactivate you iphone, and than use blacksn0w to unlock.

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

No, no, no. You're getting bad advice here. The problem is not your jailbreak, it is the way you're trying to unlock. You have a 2G iPhone. You can't use blacksn0w to unlock. You need to use BootNeuter to unlock your phone. You can install it from Cydia.

9. kmiranda macrumors newbie

I had the same problem, I have a friend that is on AT&T so I borrowed his SIM card just long enough. Once it recognized the SIM card, I was able to switch back to my T-Mobile card and all was good to go. Try it, no harm. Good luck...