iPhone not booting! PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rajeevkr, Dec 15, 2010.

1. rajeevkr macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I have an issue and i hope u can help me out with it.
    I have an iphone 3GS with ios 4.1 jailbroken and unlocked with basebank 6.15.00
    It was working fine until yesterday, after that I wanted to clear all the data on my iphone and i went to settings and selected on erase all data and reset all settings option.
    My iphone restarted and that was the end of it, it did not turn on at all. its stuck on the apple boot logo and after every 5-7 mins it restarts automatically and gets stuck at the boot logo once again.
    i tried restoring it on itunes it didnt work. tried jailbreaking it once again and then restoring but even that is not working.
    Please help me what to do!!

thanks in advance

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You should never and I mean never hit "erase all content and settings!".

Now to get your iPhone back up (since you have the iPad baseband) you need a custom 4.1 3gs ipsw with ipad baseband to restore your iPhone.

3. 20ricky10 macrumors newbie

To "PsstGreek"

I am sorry for posting on this thread but there are no mods to confirm my new topic and i am really impatient.

This is my topic -

"Problem with app store"

Although I have jailbroke my iPhone, there is still some free apps I download from the app store.
    The iPhone I am currently using was previously owned by my step mam (not relivant).
    Its a 3GS 16gb OS 4.0.1 (am I wrong to believe this is the latest firmware with a STABLE jailbreak?)
    For example I downloaded "Smurfs Village", when asked for a password it showed MY itunes account username therefore I entered my password and as expected it downloaded and installed perfectly.
    The problem i'm experiancing is the update.
    When I load the app store it says I have an available update for "Smurfs Village".
    WheN I click update, it shows my step mams itunes account username therefore not being able to update ANY app I have downloaded.
    I had already gone to the store settings and logged out of my step mams account and logged into my own before I downloaded it so why is it asking for HER password???

I tried iTunes on the PC and tried toupdate through there but NO apps were visible and it said no updates available.
    I tried syncing the apps, it said it was backing it up then because I have no apps on the PC it decided to delete them all from my iPhone.
    And once it had finished syncing it told me "iTunes could not backup the iPhone "RICKY" because the iPhone disconnected"
    Afterwards I checked my iPhone same problems were occuring and it deleted all the apps I downloaded through installous but left the ones downloaded through app store.
    Still they didnt show on iTunes.

I think thats everything lol :(

4. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

I've done this and haven't had problems. Explain? :cool:

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Sometimes the iPhone will hang up when you hit erase all contents and settings and like his iphone did. That's why it's not recommended to do.

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Is your mom's iTunes account still synced with your PC? If it is, log off it and onto yours, then sync the iPhone.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It usually gives problems with JB iphones.
    If you're on stock firmware it might go thru ok most of the time.

8. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

I've only ever done it with an iPhone I was selling. not a huge fan of jailbreaking as I'm not on unlimited data anymore so i couldn't tether anyways :(

9. 20ricky10 macrumors newbie

I live in a different house and I have synced to my pc and logged in with my account :s