iPhone not booting up after uninstalling Mobile Substrate

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by askfareed, Feb 17, 2010.

1. askfareed macrumors member

Hi,
    basically my iPhone's battery was losing 1% per minute, but while on standby it was great. So after some research i saw that if u uninstall mobile substrate and install it again this may fix battery issues. So i uninstalled it through cydia and when i rebooted my device and use blackra1n to start it up (as it is a tethered 3.1.2 jailbreak with new bootrom 3gs) geohots pic comes up for about 45 seconds and then it turns off. I have tried booting it up 10 times and it's still not starting up.

Please help, what can i do?

2. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Where did you read to uninstall then reinstall mobilesubstrate?

3. askfareed thread starter macrumors member

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

About the only thing I can think of for you to do is put it in DFU mode and restore. If you have your SHSH for 3.1.2 on file, you can use saurik's server to bypass Apple's signature server and restore to 3.1.2; if you do not, you will probably have to upgrade to 3.1.3 and lose the ability to jailbreak or unlock.

5. askfareed thread starter macrumors member

nope i don't have SHSH, i do have SSH on my iphone though, but i don't think i can do anything with that, i guess im gonna have to lose my unlock and jailbreak :(

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Yeah, SSH will only work if you can get it booted up. If you could SSH in, you could reinstall Mobile Stubstrate, but that's not going to work if you're in a boot loop.

7. askfareed thread starter macrumors member

ok thanks, im gonna restore it now, and hope when the ipad comes out there will be a new firmware that dev's or gehot jailbreak and unlock