iPhone not booting up; with recover errors

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cyrusliu, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Cyrusliu, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013

Cyrusliu macrumors newbie

I recently tried to restore my extremely loaded and bugging iPhone 3Gs into a default state via DFU mode. I used a fw file with my 6.1.2 shsh stitched into it so I may recover to 6.1.2. Things went smooth when I put my phone into pwned DFU and choose the fw in iTunes. All that is after iTunes verified that the fw can be installed and prepair to do the recovery by booting into the "bar mode" (Don't ask, just the screen that shows the firmware install progress.) The phone will just try to boot itself up as normal and I recieve a random error like err. 1604, 1643 ect. I am doing it on a Mac but swaping to a windows doesn't help.

edit: iTunes once identified it as a normal phone with content when I plugged it in. But trials before and after doesn't have the effect and iTunes identify everything as "others"

2. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

Just out of curiosity, why are you trying to restore to 6.1.2?

You can jailbreak 6.1.3 on the 3GS.

3. Cyrusliu thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I can jailbreak even with 6.1.3, but 6.1.2 is more compatible with plugins and the fact is that (I think) 6.1.3 is only a semi-untenthered (which actually means semi-tenthered) jailbreak.

4. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

Ah, I see.

Well 1604 is sometimes a USB error so you could try using a different USB port.

5. Cyrusliu thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry not mentioned, I obviously tried every usb port on my mac and my windows machine and swapped a few cables. And I don't use any hubs. So it shoudn't be the problem.

Also, according to my experience, 1601-1604 just simply occurs and try a few more cables other than trying another port is gona solve the issue much more efficiently. And sometimes it just automagically get solved after a few days. LOL

6. Cyrusliu thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried the first solution provided here, seems to work till now as I am doing it, but really hope that I cal be on 6.1.2.