Iphone not charging on car-usb

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Husky1992, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Husky1992 macrumors regular

Husky1992

today I had my iphone at 23% of battery, I plugged it in my puro car 2.1 amp charger
    http://en.puro.com/en/store/mobile-...ersal/car-charger-2-usb-car-charger-2-usb.jsp
    and it didn't charge.
    I bought this charger 4-5 month ago and it always charged my iphone without problems, although the light on the charger was on (and the charger working correctly, it charged my tom tom) the iphone WOULD NOT CHARGE.
    what is the problem?

p.s. before the puro charger I had a chinese charger that worked for 1 month, then suddenly it stop charging my iphone just like my puro today, and I threw it away, the chinese charger wouldn't charge my iphone if the battery was below 25%, just like the puro...:mad:

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Done any troubleshooting? Does the device charge on other chargers? Do other devices work with this charger?

3. Ronin317 macrumors newbie

Wayyyy misleading thread title...

Charge it up with the official charger to at least 50% and then try it.

4. Husky1992 thread starter macrumors regular

Husky1992

ok guys, it was the fu****ng chinese cable that broke
    I'm sorry for this discussion but I was worried because it broke the same way for the second time and I thought it was iphone-related:eek:

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Maybe the charger died. I recommend this one:
    Anker 18W / 2.4A + 2.0A (3.6A max) Dual Port USB Car Charger for Apple Android and USB-Charing Devices - The First and Smallest Adapter to Provide Simultaneous, Full-Speed Charges to iPads and Smartphones [Black]
    http://amzn.com/B00D82O68Y

Make sure you are using an Apple Certified cable.