Iphone not charging on my Mac, itunes not recognizing iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kalaki, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Kalaki macrumors newbie

Apr 15, 2010
    HELP! This is my first post, and I am far from a tech person. I have an iphone 3gs, and my husband has the iphone 3g. We are using a mac. Everything was working fine, then the cable that we use to plug phones into computer to access itunes, quit working. We switched cables, that one worked, now nothing is working. I have tried 4 different cables, none are connecting/charging/recognizing either iphone. Both phones are working perfectly, charging on a wall charger, making calls, apps working, etc. I have been searching all morning, and cannot find anything. PLEASE!!!! Can anyone help me? Thank You.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

Jun 19, 2009
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    Have you tried different USB ports? Do you have another computer to try?
  3. Kalaki thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 15, 2010
    Yes, I tried all 3 USB ports. I do not have another computer to try :( It's so strange, because my phone is working perfectly. Anyone else???
  4. ulbador macrumors 68000

Feb 11, 2010
    I have had this happen before. Usually restarting both the devices and the computer corrects it. In severe cases I have had to completely uninstall iTunes and all the crap that goes along with it (it installs all sorts of USB/sync stuff) before it would work again.
  5. Kalaki thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 15, 2010
    THANK YOU ULBADOR!!!!!!!!!!!! I uninstalled, and reinstalled iTunes, and now everything is working perfectly!!!!!!!! Thank you again!!!!!!!
  6. Mister_salt macrumors newbie

May 9, 2016
    I am having the same problem i try another port and it does not charge at all so all i can do now is charge it at home on my computer seriously.
  7. rigormortis macrumors 68000

Jun 11, 2009
    there are two other fixes worth mentioning , in case this thread is searched later !!!

1) they broke iTunes for snow leopard. because they removed 32 bit mode in iTunes. you need a special 32 bit version of iTunes for snow leopard. if this is happening , the iPhone won't backup and it won't sync and the entire iPhone will be a yellow bar of other.

2) delete the lockdown folder. this usually fixes a lot of syncing problems without having to reinstall itunes.