IPhone Not Charging Through Extension Cord/Wall Outlet

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thejaf7, Jun 28, 2009.

1. thejaf7 macrumors newbie

Ok so i'm wondering why my iphone will not charge using an extension cord (regular 2 prong wall jack extension cord)?

Is there some sort of voltage safety feature on the USB Wall Outlet charger?

The phone still charges fine through my laptop, and will charge about 80% of the time when plugged straight to the wall outlet but will work through the extension cord ONLY if I plug it to the wall outlet first THEN to the extension cord.

Anyone have similar problem?

2. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

same thing happened to me. it's a defect. replace it for free at apple store

3. njl macrumors regular

you know, come to think of it, my iphone says it's charging, but doesn't charge with the wall charger that came with my touch.. interesting..

4. surfer99 macrumors 6502

Same thing happens with mine. I was going to bring it to apple at some point soon.

5. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

The wall adapter that came with my 3GS was broken. Take it to an apple store and they swap it out right there.

6. thejaf7 thread starter macrumors newbie

so you guys just swapped it right at the apple store with no packaging and receipt?

I'm heading down to Minneapolis tonight (I live in Winnipeg Manitoba where we won't have an apple store until Octoboer).

Hopefully this will work

7. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

8. Prenvo macrumors regular

Prenvo

My 3G adaptor was faulty too: I just took it in with no packaging/receipt and got a new one on the spot (brought USB cable and entire adaptor: they replaced both)