iPhone Not Charging via USB

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by myndex, Oct 11, 2007.

1. myndex macrumors newbie

Weird issue:

My iPhone will charge via the wall adapter - however, when connected to a USB port on my G5, it will charge for a bit, then stop charging (and no longer show the battery icon).

I bought a powered USB hub, and the iPhone will exhibit the same problem when connected to the hub, with the hub further connected to the G5.

It is as if the G5's USB ports are going to sleep - but the computer is set to sleep never.
    Does anyone know - is there a plist for the usb ports that might have a setting to cause the USB ports to sleep?

This problem appears to have manifested when I upgraded iTunes to 7.4.2 - I have since downgraded iTunes to 7.3.2, but the problem persists.

Thanks for any help.

A

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Try restoring your phone to see if the problem persists

3. ApocalYps3 macrumors newbie

iphone is not charging AND is stucked at boot screen

i have that problem, and to make it worse, it doesn't pass of the boot screen.
    all started when i made reset settings on iphone and without battery, it made some progress on the resetting but when i saw the screen again, it showed up the logo, and i can´t make it restart, sometimes i press home and power for 10 seconds and screen goes to black,
    when i press power button it shows the weak battery, i connect it to the mac and appears to be loading, i left it 3 hours and it went back to the apple logo, and when i see the battery... didn't charged

am i finished with this iphone or i have some chances to recover it

please help me