Iphone not connected to network

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Eric Isaacson, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

Okay, am I doing something wrong? When I go from Wifi to 3G my Iphone says it is not connected to a network. I have tried to switch to airplane mode and then tried to reconnect and it still says not connected. This is while I have a strong 3G signal. The only fix I've found is to shut down completely and then restart. Ideas ?

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

That's very odd.. haven't heard of that issue before. Airplane mode usually reboots to a signal.

Are you shutting the WiFi down or just going out of range?

3. Eric Isaacson thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm just going out of range of WiFi. I've had it happen several times in the last 2 days, it acts like it is connecting to the network but it doesn't. I especially noticed it tonight when I was running the "GasHound" app, I was out driving around and checking gas prices and whenever I started the GasHound App up it says "need to be connected to WiFi or a network". Once I shut down and restarted the Iphone it seems to work well for a while and then it does the same thing again.

4. Eric Isaacson thread starter macrumors 6502