iPhone not Connecting to AirPort Extreme...

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
This afternoon, my iPhone started having trouble connecting to my home network (AirPort Extreme 'N'). I would type in the correct password to join my network and it would tell me, "Incorrect password for 'Sabertooth' (my network name)"

I went into AirPort Utility and retyped and updated my password, but still no luck. Does anybody have any further suggestions?

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
I just did what you told me, and it tells me in the Wi-Fi settings that I'm connected, but it is still displaying the 'E' in the top menubar.

It seems faster than EDGE...I think.

EDIT: I went into AirPort Utility and it's showing me that I have two wireless clients active. The two being the iMac that I'm typing on now and the iPhone. I guess that changes my original question to, "How can I make the 'E' in my menubar change to a Wi-Fi symbol when I'm actually on Wi-Fi.

r6girl

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
Massachusetts
i had this problem once with my airport extreme and my iphone. i rebooted the airport extreme and that helped - try that next...

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
I was getting Wi-Fi speeds. I did what r6girl told me except with my phone off during this process. It worked like majic.

Thanks for your help Telp and r6girl, I appreciate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.