Iphone not eligible for build requested??!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RunningChick, Feb 2, 2011.

1. RunningChick macrumors newbie

OMG, Please help!

My 3g iphone is stuck on the apple logo. I couldn't get to reboot or shut off.
    Can't get it to DFU mode, but finally managed to get it to recovery mode. Itunes opens and brings up the "found a new phone in recovery mode" message. I click ok.. and then get a message " saying that Itunes can't update the iphone because it's not eligible for the build requested".

Please can anyone help me?? What does this mean?

I'm desperate!!!

2. Boereman macrumors member

Boereman

3. RunningChick thread starter macrumors newbie

How does the IPSW get to be wrong?

What can I do?

When I plug it in... all the details about the phone say NA.

4. Boereman macrumors member

Boereman

No idea but could just be wrong. What iOS version did you have on previously?
    What Base Band was it running?
    Was your iPhone unlocked?

IPSW's : 4.1

5. RunningChick thread starter macrumors newbie

I think it's 2.1.2 /4.11.0
    it's jailbroken but not unlocked

First time I got it in recovery mode I clicked ok to restore. It said it was restoring but also said that it was up to date. Not sure how it can be up to date.
    But after a while it just went back to the apple symbol and Itunes quite recognizing it.
    I plugged it back in with recovery mode and then I got the message saying it wasn't eligible for the build requested.

I'm sooo frustrated!

6. Boereman macrumors member

Boereman

So. Here are my thoughts... Are you running windows? If so, then when it shows you the restore option hold shift and click on restore. It will open a box and you will need to find the IPSW you will now download.

Or

Give this a try first... Download iReb, open it and click exit recovery mode.