"Iphone not eligible for current build"?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Grimacer, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Grimacer macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, long time lurker and first time poster.

I know a lot of people have been having an issue with the DFU/Restore loop occurring on their phones since the iOS5 update came out, but my problem is a little different. Allow me to explain...

I installed Cydia through Jailbreakme a few months ago, and never really used it nor installed any jail break apps. (strange of me to do that I know)

So the new iOS5 comes out, I update itunes, plug in my phone and click the update button. But before the iphone even has a chance to back-up I get one of those 10xx error messages.

So I decide to try a restore (foolishly forgetting about cydia currently installed on my phone) phone goes into recovery mode, click the button and receive another error.....

But now things have gotten hairy, because I'm now stuck in the boot loop (silver apple logo and spinning dial both repeating), but whenever I try to restore I get the following error message:

"The Iphone "Iphone" could not be restored, this device isn't eligible for the requested build."

I have tried numerous solutions and tutorials from google and youtube, and none of them seem to resolve the issue. So any help at all would be much appreciated. Kind of at the end of my rope here :)

2. tyler878 macrumors newbie

iphone stuck in recover mode

please help... I recently jailbroke my iphone 4s using abstine and a friend used my phone to update the system to io6. Now it is stuck recover mode. When i plug into itunes it says "iphone not elgible for requested build" it also gives my error 11.. I have tried everything.. updating host and deleting 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com.i tried fixing it by using tiny umbrella and blckra1n. Nothing is working please help

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try restoring it on another computer.
    Put it in DFU mode.

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

What exactly is DFU mode and why is it required?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced