Iphone not getting past Apple icon on startup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bojado71, Aug 29, 2008.

1. bojado71 macrumors member

I had previously been updating an app via 3G and all of a sudden the iphone tunred off and rebooted. After 15 minutes, it was still only showing the Apple icon against the black background. Has this happened to anyone else? Do I just let it keep going and eventually the home screen will appear?

2. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Its happening to a "a lot" of users. If you look in the help section of this forum its chalk full of problems.

My solution: DO NOT update or download apps using the iPhone...use iTunes ONLY!

I used the iPhone and had to restore 3 times. By using iTunes to do my Apps, I haven't had a problem...yet.

If you are having problems getting started back up...check my posts, I have posted instructions multiple times, copy them and save on your computer for the future.

Good Luck

3. bojado71 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the reply! I just started using the Mccally external battery and was nervous that this might have been the cause, but seems too much of a coincidence that it happened right when I was updating an app.

4. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

I've literally had to restore my phone twice in the last 24 hours due to this.
    First time I didn't have a clue what had happened, and had to restore. I was pissed too, since I lost all my photos from the weekend of my girlfriends 21st birthday!
    When it happened the second time I realised that I did the same thing the first time:
    downloaded an app using the iphones app store, and tried to restart my phone.

WARNING:
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD AN APP FROM THE ON-IPHONE APP STORE AND RESTART YOUR PHONE WITHOUT SYNCING IT TO ITUNES FIRST!!!