iPhone not holding onto wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sheaitisnotso, Feb 22, 2010.

1. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

Hello, I'm one of the few still holding onto an iPhone 2G and I'm hoping to make it until the next release. Anyways I'm having a couple problems here and I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to fix them.

1. My phone is not keeping the wifi signal at my home. It keeps going in and out whether I'm checking email or surfing the web. It's not a problem with the signal either because I'm using my iBook currently and having no problems staying connected.

2. I'm having problems with the keyboard and using certain letters. When it is in regular mode I am unable to use the letters 'i, j, k, n, and m' all on the right side, they just won't show up. Therefore I'm having to go to landscape mode whenever sending a text or typing on the web.

Would a hard reset or re-installing OS do anything or am I pretty much stuck in dealing with this until the next release? it's obviously not a dealbreaker right now as the phone is still usable, just a little annoying.

2. Jon-Luke macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

I'm having a similar problem with my iPhone 3G - It will connect to the WiFi and then when I try do do something (Like check mail) it will revert back to 3G - Why???

3. nehunte macrumors 6502

nehunte

Doing a restore wouldn't hurt, but likely won't fix the problem. Looks like you'll just end up having a few annoying months ahead of you.