Iphone not imorting photos to PC ????????

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by darrencgray, Apr 1, 2010.

1. darrencgray macrumors newbie

Hello everyone. I am a new member.

I am having a very frustrating problem with my iphone 3g. It will not import any photos from my iphone to my computer. I am running windows xp and am fully up to date with itunes and iphone software.
    My iphone does not show up in the "My Computer" folder on my pc either.
    I have tried the "camera and scanner wizard" tool also but it too shows that there is no iphone there.
    I have tried using specific software, it was called "PicsAid" , to get them but to no avail.
    Some of the pictures are photos are taken with the phone but some are also downloaded from the internet.
    I have managed to import from my iphone before in the past. Currently there are about 300 photos on it that I really need for work.

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

When you go to Device Manager is your iPhone listed or some kind of Apple device or camera?

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Plug it into another computer. You don't need iTunes or anything. XP, Vista, Windows 7. It should show up in Windows Explorer. Just drag and drop the pics. :)

4. darrencgray thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello there

Thank you for your reply.

It does show up as "Apple Mobile Device USB driver" in the
    "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" menu.
    It does not show up as a camera.
    What do I do with it from there.

5. darrencgray thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

I have not tried that yet I will do that one and see how I get on.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Try using another USB port, preferably one directly attached to the MOBO (on the back of the computer).

Or you can do this:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4263272&postcount=3

Or this:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9392900&postcount=31

7. darrencgray thread starter macrumors newbie

Iphone still not importing photos to computer

Hello

I am still having great difficulty getting photos off my iphone.
    I have about 350 photos now and am desperate to get them downloaded.
    I have tried everything that has been suggested but no luck.
    I have plugged it into a different computer.
    I have tried to find it in device manager.
    I have tried to restart the Apple Mobile Device service and the iPod service.
    It was suggest to delete itunes completely but am not sure.

HELP

8. DanielWatts macrumors newbie

I also have this problem :(

Posted a couple of days ago and i haven't figured it out.. Mine started doing it after 4.0.1 was released :mad:

9. reliantj macrumors 6502

that sucks...

if nothing else works you could try
    Uploading all your pics at full resolution with one of the apps, maybe pixel pipe, to media host.

10. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

It's not showing up in My Computer at all ???

Related problems that I have had:

1) Plugged iPhone into USB but nothing happened, and computer did not recognize it (phone did not vibrate or beep). So, after several minutes, I pushed the "home" button on the iPhone (the physical button on the front), and then the phone vibrated (on silent) and then showed up on my computer.

2) iPhone shows up in My computer, but when I clicked on it, it showed a blank folder. There was nothing there. Eventually, I figured out that if I right click and select "resync camera" or something like that, then the pictures show up.

3) I had 2650 photos on my camera roll (I back them up, but I don't delete them - that way, I have my memories with me), but when I plugged my phone into Windows XP, only the first 2000 photos showed up in My Computer. Great, so how do I backup the new 650? Solution? I figured out that the only way is to transfer the first 650 onto the computer, then unplug the phone and resync, then backup the last 650, then reload the first 650. Tedious, but I think Windows XP will only recognize up to 2000 photos on a camera.