Iphone not living up to expectations

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by illy123, Jan 1, 2010.

1. illy123 macrumors member

I'm slightly disappointed with the purchase of my new iPhone; hopefully these are down to my ignorance and if so I would appreciate it if someone could address them:

1) With other 'smart' devices like an Archos I had - I could connect to my home network and then stream movies from my NAS straight to the device. However with the iPhone I have to copy the movies into iTunes and then 'sync' them with the iPhone. This is a waste of time, storage space, and it is inconvenient. So Q1: Is it possible to access content on the network you are connected to, and if not, why not?

2) It seems a bit silly that with all the 'sync' features that iTunes has I am not able to automatically sync the photos from my iPhone into iPhoto. I have to open up iPhoto and then import them and then drag them into the event which I have called (iPhone). If this is possible with address book why is not possible with photos. So Q2: Is it possible to sync all the photos you have taken on the iPhone straight to your iPhotos collection when it is syncing in iTunes or do I have to have more for MobileMe when I have already nearly spent a grand on the phone.

3) Font size; why is it so small? I have googled around and there are a lot of complaints about how small it is and Apple have not yet addressed that.

4) Why is there no landscape keyboard when I am typing text messages?

Thanks (I'm sure I will think of a few more complaints in the meantime)

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

[​IMG]

The landscape keyboard in the message app has been available since 3.0. :confused:

What OS are you running on your iPhone?

3. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

1) Apple have their restrictions. As far as i am aware you need to sync with iTunes.
    2)You can automatically sync photos to iPhoto as i do regularly.
    3)Which font is too small?
    4)I can get a landscape keyboard if i rotate my device on its side i get a landscape keyboard to type on. You need to be on 3.x.x software for it to do this.

If you arent happy with your iPhone why not just return it.

4. illy123 thread starter macrumors member

I think I just haven't fully got the hang of it yet.

2) I would appreciate if you could help me out with this step :eek:

3) The contact list and when typing a message.

4) Aha, awesome - thanks very much :)

5. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

When you plug your phone into iTunes your given a list of tabs one is photos you click on that tab and you can select sync with iPhoto. It will automatically sync it to iPhoto. I don't think you can change the font sizes. I think the contact list font gets smaller as you add more people. I'm fine with mine. The messages is small but you cant change it unfortunately.

6. KidPub macrumors member

1. I use AirVideo to stream video to the phone. Works great.

4. Sometimes a little tilt of the phone will pop it into landscape mode...hold the phone in landscape and give it a little up/down motion.

Perry