iPhone not marking emails as read!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ozzmystro, Aug 31, 2010.

1. ozzmystro macrumors newbie

Basically, I have mobileme, and when I read an email on my macbook pro, it does not make my iPhone mark the email as read, unless I open the Mail app on my iPhone.

I have an iPhone 4 if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks, Oscar

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. ozzmystro thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. When I read an email on my iPhone, it marks it as read on my macbook, but when I do it in reverse, it doesn't.

The push is still kind of working, as I don't have to read the email on my iPhone, I only have to open the Mail app.

4. dyn macrumors 68030

I'm seeing the same issue but I think it's because it is only pushing new mail and not refreshing your entire inbox. When refreshing the entire inbox you'll see the new mail will get marked as read.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I mis-read your post. It won't automatically update a message's read status in any direction.

6. ozzmystro thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah that's great! Thank you for your help! That is a slight inconvenience, but I'll have to live with it :).

Cheers

7. Dougr macrumors newbie

Thanks for posting that I thought it must be a problem with my settings. Shame it doesn't offer a solution though. Is this a new "feature" in MobileMe mail? I have only noticed it recently, I think my mail used to update all statuses before the 4.0 update.

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I have had MobileMe for two years and when I am not renewing in September because of these little quirks.

I have found Gmail works the way you are wanting it to with email. Emails read on the computer get marked as read on the iPhone and the other way too.

I have also noticed that when I add a contact on my phone, it rarely gets synced to my computer and same when I add a contact on my computer.

Give Gmail a try.