iPhone not playing certain YouTube videos

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LoneWolf121188, Jul 7, 2007.

1. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

Go to YouTube and search for "Little Tortilla Boy" (it's a Pablo Francisco skit - hilarious). You'll get 100+ results. On my iPhone, I get none. Same with "Arnold's Pizza Shop". If I google these vids in Safari and try to play them on my phone, I get a message saying "Could not load movie". What's going on?

2. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

They have not been converted for iPhone use yet.

3. cah87 macrumors regular

that's not cool i have the same problem...... they shouldn't say watch youtube vids if you can't watch them all

4. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

there are millions of videos on youtube and hundreds if not thousand uploaded per day, as we type here they may very well be converting them, i thought i read somewhere they would catch up by august

5. unity macrumors 6502a

"they shouldn't say watch youtube vids if you can't watch them all"

Right...... And video rental stores should not rent out videos unless they have them ALL.

6. loudestnoise macrumors 6502

loudestnoise

It's frustrating too, because videos I've uploaded to YouTube very recently, as in after the release of iPhone don't show up in the iPhone YouTube search and if presented with the link to the video say in link form, the YouTube app attempts to open the video but will not play it. I know that it obviously doesn't play the flash version, but other links I've followed loads up the H.264 version within the app, as it should. I just think they should encode all new videos in H.264. Or are they already?

7. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

To me, this is the dumbest thing about the iPhone. Why not just allow flash support in the browser, then we wouldn't have to deal with this, and youtube wouldn't have to convert any videos. I also wonder why new videos don't automatically get converted when they are uploaded.

8. cah87 macrumors regular

I guess that's true, but i just didn't expect it. :D

9. cfeagins macrumors newbie

YouTube not loading videos on iPhone 4S

I bought an iPhone 4s last week. I cannot find certain movies that I could find last week on my 3GS and I keep getting an error message "Cannot load movie" when I email a youtube link and try to play certain YouTube videos through Safari even though my 3GS could load these movies fine last week. Any ideas? Thanks.