iPhone not playing music out of speakers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by upsguy27, Jan 18, 2008.

1. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

My iPhone is not playing music or app sounds. Yes, the volume is all the way up, nothing's muted, and the ringer is not muted. I installed the AudioAmp program from Installer.app, but I don't think that would do anything. What can I do? I know it's not a problem with the physical speaker, since there's audio when I put a call on speakerphone or when I receive a call from someone. Help!

2. Aries326 macrumors 6502

Return it if you can't hear anything out of it with the volume turned up all the way. Make sure you to check the volume limit and that isn't "On" and it is set to the lowest possible. If all that stuff is turned up, then return your phone.

3. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

That happened to mine after I restored it. Connect it and disconnect it several times in the dock and plug and unplug a headphone in the socket several times too, that solved my problem. Also try holding the sleep/wake button + the home button for several seconds to force restart it.

-Victor

4. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

well, this may work but if you simply blow air into the headphone (even using our mouth) it will work. it is because the port may have some dust or something in it and the phone thinks there are headphones in it. if you have 1.1.3, start playing music and if you go to change the volume with the side keys, it will say headphones above the pop up volume display. this will let you know the phone thinks there are headphones plugged in

5. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

thanks guys. I plugged the headphones in and out 10 times and it worked again. thanks!