iPhone not quite working - can someone please help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tonynz, Oct 24, 2008.

1. tonynz macrumors member

Hi guys,

I have two problems with the iphone,

Firstly:

As soon as I got the iphone, the light sensor seems to be broken. For example when "Auto Brightness" is on; the screen seems to turn it self to very very dim when I unlock the iphone. I can still see the shadows of the items display. It however turns back on when I push the lock button, and when I unlock the phone by sliding it, the screen turns off again

Hence I've always had Auto Brightness to off at all times for the phone to be useful

Secondly:
    My headphone mic and control on my headset seems to be broken now after a week; I believe it's the phone as I've swapped it with another working headset and my headset seems to work on another iphone

Any ideas on the causes of the above problems? If I take it in, will they simply swap it fow a new one? Does this mean I have to buy a new Invisishield?

Thanks in advance

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

take it back, and they will swap the iPhone out for a replacement.

If you have a ZAGG invisible Shield, take it off and save the pieces before you bring it in. Contact ZAGG, let them know what happened and get an RMA from them; they'll replace the shield with a new one if you send the old one back.