iPhone not receiving calls

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Macrimonious, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Macrimonious macrumors member

Ported from Verizon to AT&T at the Apple Store on Friday afternoon, and I still can't receive calls. I can dial out, but when someone calls my phone, my old cellphone (fully operational) rings. Anyone else run into this problem?

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

The porting just isn't complete yet, that's all. If it's been that long I would call AT&T and see if they know what's up.

3. jazzguitar macrumors newbie

Call 888-898-7685 and ask to put through to the porting dept. The same thing happened to me last weekend and it wasn't until monday morning when I got ahold of the porting dept that things got cleared up. There's something on ATT's end that doesn't complete the process so they have to do it manually. It will take 2 minutes, I just wish the 3 c.s. reps that I spoke with earlier in the weekend had sent me there in the first place. Nothing like having to carry around 2 cell phones all weekend!

4. Macrimonious thread starter macrumors member

resolved. Thanks much. Apparently, I gave the Apple Store guy the wrong password, but was still somehow able to go through with activation and purchase the phone.