iPhone not receiving iMessages

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Classiclays, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Classiclays macrumors member

I've always turned off iMessage on my iPhone, as I rather receive my messages through text rather than through cellular data. It worked perfectly until now.

When I upgraded my Mac to Yomesite OSX, the "hand-off" feature began to send iMessages to my computer, without notifying me on my phone. After a few days of missed texts, I finally realized what was happening. I tried playing around with the settings but I could not figure out how to get the messages on my phone. I even turned on iMessage on my phone as a last resort and am still missing messages.

Does anyone know how to fix it? I would rather disable iMessage on my computer than not get messages on my phone.

2. I7guy macrumors G5

Why can't you turn off the forwarding feature on your iPhone, sign out of iCloud ( on both) and iMessage on iPhone and then sign back into iCloud and iMessage?

Seems that should fix the issue.

3. Classiclays thread starter macrumors member

The text messsage forwarding on my phone was already off, so I'm a bit confused.

I'll try signing in and out but I'm not sure if that will help.

Thanks for the response, will report back.

4. Classiclays thread starter macrumors member

I signed off iMessage on my computer and turned off iMessage on my phone. Seems to be working now.