iPhone not recognized anymore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jfreez, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Jfreez, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011

Jfreez macrumors newbie

So without changing anything at all randomly this morning, when I plugged my iPhone4 into my macbook, it buzzed and the green battery charging screen showed up, but it did not launch iPhoto or iTunes. When I manually launched iTunes it didn't even show up on the menu on the lefthand side.

Now it charges just fine but I have no way of syncing. I did a full system/application update and restarted both the laptop and the phone but it still hasn't fixed the problem. I checked that iTunes Helper is in my Startup as well.

Now I can charge it just fine but I have no way of syncing. If anyone can help that'd be great

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Try using a different USB cable or another port on your Mac.

3. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

You can also try cleaning out the charging port on your device. A lot of times crud can build up in there and prevent it from making a good connection.

4. Jfreez thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so after trying different USB cables and both USB ports on my laptop it still didn't work, so I plugged it into my brothers computer and it showed up in iTunes (wanting a software update)

but I really need to sync it to this laptop is there anything i can try doing?

5. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Sooo, are you telling us that you have proved that the USB port on the MB is bad?