iPhone not recognized on Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by SuperTricolor, Aug 23, 2011.

1. SuperTricolor macrumors newbie

In my configuration I sync my iPhone with my iMac at home but I used under snow leopard to also sync (with the sync icon) with my MBP. However after installing Lion on both machines there nothing I can do to have my MBP recognize that my iPhone is connected. iPhoto doesn't see it, iTunes doesn't see it (not in the device list).

It works perfectly with the iMac at home but I'd like to sync my address book with my MBP also. Any ideas on what do do?

Yes, I have the latest version of iTunes and I tried a reset on both the phone and the MBP.

Thanks

2. merrickb macrumors newbie

Same problem!

Hey, I am having exactly the same issue! All my other USB devices are working properly (i.e. HD, mouse, keyboard) but my iPad2, iPhone3GS, and (new) iPhone4 are not recognized, nor do they even charged when plugged into any USB port.

I've looked around quite a bit and have not found many people with this exact problem, so I have yet to find a solution.

I am sure that this all started when I upgraded to Lion this summer. I am updating to 10.7.2 today, and hopefully it will fix the problem.