iPhone not recognized

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lulachalupa, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Lulachalupa macrumors newbie

Please help, we have an iPhone that displays a message to connect to iTunes but when I connect it to the computer it says USB device not recognized! I know the cord is fine because we use it on 2 other iPhones for updating and backing up. I have tried other cords though, same results! It says it can only be used for emergency calls, I changed sims with no luck at all. It charges fine in an outlet but not on the computer. The home button also does not work! Any ideas??

2. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Given those two things, it sounds like it may have been water damaged. Any idea if that's true?

3. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Try a different usb outlet, or a different computer.

4. Lulachalupa thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think there's been any water damage but I really don't know. It's my daughters phone and she said it just started happening. I have tried a different port, cord and computer! Is there a way to tell if there is water damage?

5. Lulachalupa thread starter macrumors newbie

I realized that if I push real hard on the home button it does work but displays the message to connect to iTunes, has no service except for emergency calls! No icons are accessible either! I tried to reboot but that didn't do anything! It charges just fine though! I'm soooo confused over this! Please help