iphone not recongized in itunes since itunes 9 updated. iphone will not charge

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tracygibson, Apr 10, 2010.

1. tracygibson macrumors newbie

Iphone would not charge (wall charger). Plugged into computer and Itunes message said update itunes before iphone can charge. Did that. Now itunes will not recongized iphone nor will it charge. have uninstalled everything and reinstalled (twice). Have reset phone mulitple times. No luck. Anyone else experiencing this problem? Any suggestions?

2. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

I've not seen anything like this, are you on a Mac?

3. tracygibson thread starter macrumors newbie

no i am windows user. windows 7. specifically i plugged the phone in to the wall, it would not charge. i plugged into itunes. message popped up that i had to install the latest update of itunes (itunes 9) before it would recongize my device. help?!

4. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Unfortunately, on Windows, it could be a number of things, drivers, conflicting software, lots of stuff. I would turn to google for this. Maybe try it on another computer. Sorry.

5. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

That part there tells me you need a genius bar appointment. Sounds like your phone is on the fritz and you need a replacement.

6. Jesse Owen macrumors newbie

yes i see that in belgium one of the members look here

http://www.belgium-iphone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=40962

after several hard reset/restore

this problem dissapear !

7. hamlinspahn macrumors regular

iPhone Cable

Try using your iPod cable if you have one. If it works it sounds like it was a cable problem. If it doesn't it sounds like a hardware problem on the iPhone.
    I guess it could be a software problem but since the wall brick won't charge it I doubt it.