iPhone not resetting # of e-mails after they are deleted...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Racktacular, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Racktacular macrumors regular

My issue is that the iPhone is not resetting the number of e-mails I have after they are deleted. In other words, let's say that iPhone phone tells me that I have 5 e-mails (it has the number '5' by the mail icon). So into mail. Read them. Delete them. Then go back out to the home screen and it still has the number 5 next to the mail icon. Perhaps it needs more time to register. So I put the phone to sleep and check back iin 5 minutes. Still there. So I check back in a few hours. Still there. Perhaps I have new e-mails. I check. Nothing. Really. Really. Frustrating.

Perhaps it is more frustrating because I know it is supposed to have an instantaneous response. I return a previous iPhone after 2 weeks, because it was shutting down on me randomly. So I got this new iPhone 2 days ago and the only way I can get the iPhone to reset that number is to delete my e-mail account and start it up again.

FWIW, I have GMAIL and have set it up as per this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=354934

I set my previous phone up that way and never had a problem.

Can someone give me some advice? Is there a way to fix it? Do I have a defective iPhone?

TIA!

- Rack

2. Racktacular thread starter macrumors regular

I should also add, that there is only an inbox for my mail. There is no sent mail folder and there is no deleted/trash mail folder.

Anyone know why?