iPhone not responding

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Recept, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Recept macrumors newbie

Hi MacRumors,

48 hours ago my iPhone 4 stopped responding properly. I was browsing Twitter (70+% battery), until suddenly it started acting up. I pressed Home a couple of times and got to home screen. Colored line appeared on all four columns and contrast went up, until screen went completely black - I thought it was just rebooting itself.
    30 minutes passed and it would not respond at all, until suddenly a black and white (almost striped) home screen came up and faded to black. A few times after this, I managed to get Siri to say something (plus the "Siri-sounds" - bleep sounds). I thought the battery would run out at some point, making me able to restart it.

Now, the iPhone will not respond at all. I've tried reconnecting it for several minutes, nothing happens. Is the battery dead? Anyone tried anything similar or has an idea?

2. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

Connect your iPhone to a wall socket (not to your computer) and wait for a few minutes. See whether the phone will respond then. If not , you'd need to take it to the Apple Store for repair/replacement.