IPhone not restoring

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eoinola, Jun 20, 2016.

1. eoinola macrumors newbie

Hi all

any help / advice would be great - so last thursday my phone stopped picking up the mobile network. It was however still getting wifi. So i troibleshooted looking at advice from your site. I backed the phone up and then tried to update and restore it but it would not restore or update and an error code 50 appeared on the pc screen - the phone / itunes goes through the process but 3/4s the way through it stops.

Any ideas / advice?

Thanks a million

2. evamoree macrumors member

evamoree

Corrupted backup data I suspect. Can't do much apart from set phone up as new and then try. I would suggest contacting Apple though so they can check it out for you (run diagnostics if the phone seems to be the problem and not iTunes).

IMO it would have been best to reset the network settings then if that didn't work then reset the phone, rather than going straight to reset. Also checking to see if SIM was working through network carrier. Though it's too late for that now...
    --- Post Merged, Jun 30, 2016 ---
    This may help: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6519685?start=0&tstart=0

(basically try syncing with a different cable)