iPhone not seen in iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ruess, Nov 6, 2012.

1. ruess, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012

ruess macrumors newbie

I'm using an old iphone 3g without a data plan on AT&T by turning off the 3g and data usage in settings and putting in my phone's sim card. (i know it works, my friend does the same thing)

The phone was dropped in a toilet for a couple seconds and then spent a week in a bag of rice and now works perfectly except one thing. It won't show up in my itunes or finder when i plug it in. However, it does charge on my iHome and through my computer's USB. It even makes that little connecting noise when I plug it in.
    I have the most updated itunes (10.7). I've authorized both the phone's old owner and my apple account information. I've even tried syncing it to the old owner's computer and itunes, but it doesnt show up there either. I've restarted it, turned it off and on again, with and without being plugged in. I've tried other USB ports and cables and my ipod connects and syncs perfectly with all of them.
    When I first turned the phone on, it updated to the newest system (iOS 6.0.1) without itunes or anything. I also got my contacts off the sim card.

The only thing I really need to sync is music, apps, and pictures.
    Any suggestions of things to try would be awesome! I might take it into the apple store if nothing works.
    Thanks! :)

2. Davejprince macrumors regular

Back it up with iCloud & Buy a new device.
    The 30Pin port is broken.