Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbo159

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2009
Well i have been searching for days trying to find out what is wrong with my iPhone...The other day i received a phone call while my phone was on the charging dock and when i hung up the phone would no longer recognize that it was charging; however, it was still charging. i tried to plug it into my computer and it does not show up in itues or my computer. I have tried everything i found online except resting the phone to factory settings. everything works just fine. i can receive and make calls and texts, use the email and Internet on wifi and edge. No other problems with the phone at all. i even downloaded songs from itunes directly from the itunes app on the phone but like i said i can not connect to the computer.

it is a jailbroken iphone g2 which is just about 15 months old. I have never had any problems with it up until now.

I have not found anything any where to why this might be happening so any help would be great.

thanks,
James

Untaken

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2009
This happened to me and it was a hardware problem with the iPhone itself. Unfortunately Apple's "ultimate solution" (a restore) doesn't work in this case because the dock connector itself is damaged and the device will not recognize properly. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.