Iphone not showing in Itunes (3GS, IOS 4.0, Windows 7 x64)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ritter1969, Jun 24, 2010.

1. ritter1969 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I know that this is not a new issue, but as it seems to continue it's existence into the times of IOS 4.0 I hope that someone may have a solution:

My Iphone (3GS, IOS 4.0, not unlocked or jailbroken) is recognized by Windows (Win7 x64 on Dell Studio XPS 1640 Laptop, same on HP 9450f Desktop with same OS), but it is not showing in Itunes. I tried all the usual recommende actions (install/uninstall Itunes, update Itunes, update all drivers, etc.), but all with the same result: NONE! Some users reported the problem solved with a BIOS update, but nothing like this exists from DELL or HP for my computers. It worked at the beginning, but at some point in time the problem showed up on both computers (unfortunately I do not remember if this was at the time of a automated software update from either Itunes or Windows)

As my Iphone was previuosly jailbroken I thought that this might have been the reason, but after the update (done with a friends's PC, did not work on my computers, see my other post) the problem continues to exist. This is obviously not a satisfying situation as I am not able to sync my Itunes library with the Iphone etc.

Does anyone have an idea what to do?

Thanks,
    Ritter

2. Damagecase13 macrumors newbie

Im having the exact same issue. I'm just wondering if we need to downgrade iTunes or something. I really cant think of anything to do. I'm assuming that we probably need to restore the phone somehow.

3. Damagecase13 macrumors newbie

Yeah just get it into DFU mode and restore. I just did it and it showed right up in itunes. Restoring now.

4. ritter1969 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, lucky you if restoring solves the problem for you. My phone showed up in DFU mode but would not restore. And after restoring on a different PC it still would not show up in Itunes.

My final solution was getting my old Vista machine out of the basement and using this for backup etc. - but this is definitely not the solution I want as my whole Itunes library is on my main machine and obviously not on the old one

Best
    S