iPhone not showing up in iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AbjectEvolution, Jun 17, 2010.

1. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

I bought my MBP about 5 days ago. I had trouble getting my PC backup files to restore the phone on the Mac, but I ended up restoring it on my wife's laptop instead. Since then I have hooked my phone up to my MBP and backed it up 3-4 times with no problems.

Today I plug in my iPhone and the iPhone shows that it's charging, however my computer doesn't seem to recognize it. It's not showing up in iTunes and I would really like to backup and work on my music playlist for my phone.

Suggestions?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Try rebooting your computer or a different USB (preferably off the motherboard).

3. Z06jerry macrumors regular

4. bekahgrrl macrumors newbie

Mine wouldn't show up in iTunes either, though it was charging. I went into preferences and reset the sync history, then checked "prevent iphone from syncing automatically." I went back to the home page and my iphone was there! Hope that helps

5. deshdipak macrumors newbie

iphone not showing in itunes

where is the syncing bro..i have clicked reset sync history bt nothing shows up...n i counldn't find sync history