iPhone not syncing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wirenut, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Wirenut macrumors member

I use the iCloud Photo Library to link my iPhone to my Mac computer and iPad. THis week I went into the Photos app on the iPhone and got a warning saying that it hasn't synced in X amount of days (I forget how many it said).

Also, I use the cloud to backup my iPhone, it normally backs up every time that I plug my phone into the charger, which is every other day. But I noticed two days ago that it said the last backup was 10-30-16. That was right before installing the newest update.

The simplest answer is that I had WiFi turned off at home, that would affect both. But I definitely did have it on, and it's still on. After charging my phone last night I see that the backup was done and Photos is also all updated.

Does anyone have any idea why these 2 things didn't sync like they are supposed to.

2. Wirenut thread starter macrumors member

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe a software bug on the phone or your wifi might have been down for a few minutes during the time that the backup was going on and it failed.

4. Wirenut thread starter macrumors member

I plugged the phone in many times during that period, I can't see the WiFi being down each and every time, but no other time that I ever noticed.

I guess I'll never know.