iphone not updating to 2.0

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jonathan92, Jul 18, 2008.

1. jonathan92 macrumors newbie

ok so i want to update my 1st gen 8gb iphone to 2.0 formware when i tried the first time it said u need itunes7.7 and i clicked ok and it took me to software update and i updated everything EFI iMac firmware,itunes,quicktime,and i updated to 10.5.4 restarted and when i tried to click check for updates in itunes this came up(check pic top left).so i checked which version of itunes im running it should this(check pic top right),it tells me im on 7.6.2 (9),but i already updated to 7.7.so i said ok ill check software update again so i went the apple menu clicked software update and it checked for any and this is wat came up(check pic bottom left).any suggestion's would help.thanx very much.

Attached Files:

2. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

Go to apple's site and download itunes 7.7 directly from them and then it shoudl work for ya

3. jonathan92 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok i tried,the first time it went all the way then said "mounting failed"
    the second time it did the exact same thing i dont know wat to do.

Attached Files:

4. showtime macrumors 6502

did the download finish and it just couldn't mount and open?

5. jonathan92 thread starter macrumors newbie

ya the download pauses in the middle and says timed out and then i pressed resume and then it finshed and said mounting failed.

6. rh535 macrumors member

I am having the same issue. Any way to fix this?