iPhone not uploading photos to iCloud photo library

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by zen, May 4, 2015.

1. zen macrumors 68000

zen

I stumped up for 200GB iCloud storage to store my photo library, but I'm having trouble with my iPhone not uploading photographs I take with the camera.

The iPhone is signed in to iCloud. In Settings > Photos & Camera, I have iCloud Photo Library on, Optimize iPhone Storage on, Upload to My Photo Stream off, iCloud Photo Sharing on.

These are the exact same settings for my iPad, and when I take photos on that, they appear in my iCloud photo library within minutes.

My iPhone photo library sees all 11,551 photos in iCloud, but nothing I take with the camera uploads to the main library.

Anybody have any ideas? I have restarted the phone, turned the library on and off again, but nothing is happening, and there doesn't appear to be any way of doing a manual sync. The iPhone wi-fi is on, and it is connected to my home wi-fi network.

Help!

2. cnev3, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015

cnev3 macrumors 6502

I'm having the same issue, when I go to my iMac, and go to settings>icloud, the settings for photo sharing won't retain. I turn on photo sharing and then when I go back to settings, it's turned off.

I'd check the photo sharing/icloud settings on the desktop side too.