iPhone not waterproof?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by markfc, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Good move on his part.... sucks about his phone tho. But it's not like he can't afford another. Guess he realized how much of an immature attention whore freak she was.

2. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

how long do you think it took before those dirty paparazzi jumped in the pool to get it after he left?

3. IC3D macrumors regular

IC3D

Also with apple care on the phones or whatever, if the hole at the top of the phone gets water inside it, that little white box will change color, and they will know you had water damage and won't replace it. Just a FYI for those who weren't aware. So if you are OUT IN THE RAIN, make sure to cover the top of your phone so no water or condensation gets in it! :)

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I would think it takes more than a drop of rain to activate the color change, also the likely hood of that one drop landing precisly in that hole is pretty slim. Now if you are out in a downpour and use the phone and have nothing to cover up with then its just your bad choice.

It's just a phone, I still don't get why people are so overly paranoid with them. :p

5. sdd4 macrumors member

I actually whole-heartedly agree. I own an iPhone, and I've dropped it a few times, and it's a bit dinged up. But it's not like it doesn't serve its purpose. I paid for it, and I'm getting my money's worth. I understand taking care of it, and not being reckless, but I feel like some people just obsess.

At the same time, though, I most definitely wouldn't use it out in a thunderstorm, but I'm sure anybody with a cell phone wouldn't.

6. iMouse macrumors regular

How sad. I hate it when the innocent are the ones that take the fallout.

...poor little iPhone. You deserve better than such trash...