Iphone not working after updating to 1.1.4. HELP!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by windybeach, Feb 27, 2008.

1. windybeach macrumors newbie

Hi all, i dont know if anyone else is having the same problem but i updated to the latest firmware last night but when i woke up this morning im experiencing some problems. Everytime my phone hybernates i cant reactivate it, also if i turn the phone off i cant turn it back on. The only way to get it up and running again is to put it on charge and then it seems to work again...please help!!! :eek:

2. reguy3 macrumors newbie

Same problem! - iPhone constantly freezes!

Thank goodness someone else is having the same problem. I thought it was just from dropping it a few times. Heh.

Anyway, yeah. My phone freezes about 4 out of every 5 times when waking from it's sleeping screen (ie, when the screen turns on) or when I miss a phone call. If I wait 2 or 3 minutes, it sometimes comes back, but not always. It's basically useless like this, and since I'm a college student without a landline that I can use to call home, my parents are getting worried, except for when I can sometimes get a call out to them.

For reference's sake, it's an iPhone that was bought on Day 1, and has never been unlocked or jailbroken. Also, the vibrator stopped working when the phone was still in 1.1.3, and no just audibly clicks. I can live for a while with that, but I not without the phone working.

Restoring the phone has done nothing to fix this problem.

I'm going to go ahead and schedule an Apple Appointment, but if someone can help me out without me actually having to go there, I'd really appreciate it. Also, does anyone know how much it costs to rent a phone if they're working on yours? I have ProCare, but I don't know if that extends to iPhones or not.

I'm sorry if anyone else has this problem and I just missed the thread, but this was the first type of this issues after upgrading to 1.1.4 that I saw, so I went here.