iPhone not working in Dubai

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by opportunist86, Sep 4, 2013.

1. opportunist86 macrumors newbie

I purchases a iphone 4s in Pakistan and it was working great on 6.1.3. I just came to UAE and found there is a chick in my sim jack. When I inserted UAE sim, it appears to update iphone and when connected with itunes, something like "carrier not supported" comes up. What is this. I'm just stuck without an iPhone.

2. rabidz7 macrumors 65816

rabidz7

Is your iPhone locked to a carrier that isn't UAE? If it is you will need to see the unlocker.

3. opportunist86 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know. But as it appears, it might have been from Canada or Japan and it was unlocked using auto turbo sim and it switches on and off like an unlocked phone. What I mean to say is that if its working in Pakistan then why not in UAE?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, sounds like it was unlocked using a gevey turbo sim.
    So its locked to a certain carrier. You just gotta figure out how that gevey adapter works.

5. opportunist86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there anyway i can get it to work? Or can I find a the required gevey in UAE?

I think a gevey sim shouldn't be depending on carriers. Though I'm not a iPhone geek. Just an idea.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Go to their site and check to see what one you have and how they work. See if you can get some support from them.
    It should unlock for any GSM carrier but not sure the requirements of ios or baseband version.
    http://www.gevey.com/gevey/

7. gilsonmanuel macrumors newbie

Thats a common issue, better to visit any mobile repairing shop and they will unlock it. Regarding rate you need to negotiate, as an average it will cost AED 100+