iPhone Notes on Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Otaviano, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Otaviano macrumors 6502a

Otaviano

I just upgraded to Snow Leopard and am encountering my first irritating change.

It involves the notes that are synced into Mail app from my iPhone. Before upgrading to Snow Leopard, the notes would appear under the aptly titled "Notes." After upgrading to Snow Leopard the synced notes appear in each and every mailbox in my Mail app. I have three mail accounts, and each note appears in each mailbox. They also appear in their original Leopard location of "Notes." If I try to delete them from the mailbox they also are deleted from Notes. They then come back when I sync my mobile.

Anyone know any way around this. I just want the damn notes to appear under "Notes" and not in my mailboxes.

2. Nivola macrumors newbie

Same here...

3. Nivola macrumors newbie

Got it: in Mail, --> Preferences --> Accounts --> Mailbox Behaviors -->uncheck "show notes in mailbox"

You need to do this for each mail account you have. :)

4. fuhrj macrumors newbie

Thank you for posting. Having the notes in all my mailboxes was driving me crazy :D

5. afd macrumors 6502a

same thing happened to me when i upgraded to leopard from tiger a couple of weeks ago.

6. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Indeed. Thanks Nivola!

7. Lopes macrumors 6502

I can't even get my notes to show up under the dedicated "notes" section...everything is set correct in itunes when I sync...and ideas?

8. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Check Mail Preferences, under the composing tab is 'Create Notes & ToDo's' set to 'On My Mac'

9. snoone1313 macrumors newbie

snoone1313

Thank you, thank you.. That was the most annoying thing...

10. SeaBlown macrumors newbie

I had the same issue when I upgraded today... There's another option related to this under the "Composing" section of your preferences, although I'm not sure it does anything useful.

Has anyone else had issues syncing their notes with the switch to Snow Leopard? When I sync, iTunes overwrites whatever is on my iPod Touch with whatever is in Mail, regardless of which one is more recent... I've already lost a bit of information that way, and now I've done some more trial syncs and it's continuing to overwrite the iPod's notes, even where they're a full day newer. :(

EDIT: Ugh it isn't working to sync from the computer to the iPod either. It seems to just replace whatever's newer with whatever is older. Not helpful.

11. huski macrumors newbie

huski

Thanks for posts, it was really annoying for me as well

12. Parisviking macrumors newbie

Disappearing messages

Thanks! That solved one problem.
    Do you have a solution to disappearing notes as well? When i sync my Iphone 4 with SL the notes are wiped out. Gone to nowhere? Any help appreciated.

13. Parisviking macrumors newbie

:mad: