iPhone Notes Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by coverland, Mar 26, 2013.

1. coverland macrumors newbie

Is there a way to add to and save Iphone Notes? If not, anyone know of an app that's available where a person can add to an ongoing list? TIA

2. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

4. coverland thread starter macrumors newbie

writing a story is the best analogy I can provide. If you had a text file for example, on Windows computer that you added to and saved (re-saved) as you made continuous entries.

I like the iPhone "notes" app but you don't seem to be able to change the note or add to it successfully so I wondered if there was something you could add to and re-save as you went along. Another example being, if you were building a grocery list for the weekend. It would start with a couple of items and then grow from there. Then once you were at the store, the last version with the entire list would be available. I have to think something like that's available for iPhones - I just haven't found it.

5. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I'm still not understanding what you're getting at. I can change and add to notes in my Notes app and it saves automatically. And it all syncs whether I'm using Notes on my iPad or Mac.

6. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I'm with boshii on this one: I, too, can edit notes in the stock Notes app anytime I want without issue and, as noted, they sync perfectly (so far, at least).

Also, for lists such as a grocery list, I recommending the stock Reminders app, which also syncs and which you can share with others so that they can add things to the list(s) as well.

7. coverland thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies guys. Appreciate it very much. I think much of my issue is just being new to iPhones and need to get more familiar.

8. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Glad I could help.

9. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

Your notes automatically save the moment you change or add any text.

10. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Just tap somewhere in the body of an existing note you wrote to open it back up for additional editing. Changes are saved automatically after closing the note.