iPhone notes that I didn't make

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ellimac25, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Ellimac25 macrumors newbie

Every now and then I see notes in my notes app that I didn't make. It started 3 or so months ago with a list of makeup. I'm allergic to lipstick do I know I didn't write that list. Then today I noticed a couple more strange notes. "505250368" at 3 am and "Dfwpest.com" at 2pm Wednesday and "151503" from 6 pm Tuesday. I was asleep at 3 am so I now I didn't write that. I am from the DFW area but I haven't looked up any pest control places. Where could this be from? Is it a virus?

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Don't know.
    Viruses don't currently exist on iOS. Ask yourself, what motivation a malicious virus developer would have to cause what specific randomness they have caused you.

Change your iCloud account password.

3. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

Haven't suffered from this myself but I do know a mate that complains of the same - so at least we definitely know its not an isolated case.

4. robgendreau macrumors 68040

Check the computer that stores your mail, etc. I doubt the phone is generating these, they are probably getting pushed there from one of your accounts.

Rob