iphone notes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by indtape, Nov 27, 2007.

1. indtape macrumors newbie

I lost my notes in my iphone. How do i recover my notes in my computer to the iphone?

2. kimbongo macrumors newbie

recover lost notes

download this

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=87946

Here's a nice way to recover notes from your iPhone without having to mail them to yourself--although it's not for the faint of heart. James Duncan Davidson located where iTunes stores its iPhone backup data--at least mostly. There's an error in his write-up. It's actually stored in your home folder's application support directory in MobileSync/Backup. For me, that works out to be /Users/ericasadun/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup.

3. drummerlinn macrumors newbie

I'm in the backup folder looking at dot nothing doc files that I can't read.
    My deal may be slightly different. My iphone earned his gills, so I can't get to them there. I'm trying to recover a particular note that is not showing up on yahoo, or gmail. It was always on my phone, I know I backed it up before my phone went to heaven.
    For three more months, I haven't the option of just syncing a new phone, otherwise, I would just do that.
    I believe I could work the terminal, if I got some help.

- a

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You need iPhone Backup Extractor. BTW, this is a really old thread. Search for iPhone backup extractor and see my posts on it and you should have no problem.

5. ebizowner macrumors newbie

6. Cinead macrumors newbie

iPhone Notes Lost and Recovered

After doing a sync between my iPhone(3G) and Mac (Macbook), I discovered that my notes in the iPhone's NOTES app had been cleared. I found them again in a folder called NOTES in my email app. They were all there.

Knowing they were in a safe and accessible place from my iPhone, I chose the ones I wanted to return to the NOTES app by copying the text while in the email app, then going to NOTES creating a new note and doing a paste.

What the NOTES developer for Apple needs to do:
    1.) Include an "Information" button which explains how the app works, and how it backs up NOTES to EMAIL –> Notes Folder while in sync.
    2.) Include an "Options" button which allows NOTES to "Keep" or "Erase" notes while in sync.

7. Bikedeb macrumors newbie

Lost notes

I lost all my notes off of my iPhone 3gs app. I have a new mac computer and a gmail account. I did download the link that kimbongo had on their reply and sort of got into it but not sure exactly how to do it, no directions.
    Unfortunately I had all of my important stuff in notes so really would like to find them. I did look in notes on gmail, my acct. and husband's on same computer. I am not very computer savvy so need simple instructions.

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

9. kukukim, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013

kukukim macrumors newbie

It can be recover the notes usually in two ways. One can be recover from iTunes backup, if you did backup before you lost the notes. One can be recover from your iPhone device.
    Try to check your iTunes backup.