iPhone Notifications Not Working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kepardue, Mar 18, 2012.

1. kepardue macrumors 6502

I've got a strange problem with my iPhone 4, which I didn't notice until after I had set up my iPad. It seems that apps on my iPhone aren't sending notifications to the lock screen/notification center in most cases (I noticed this when notifications started pouring through on the iPad but I got nothing--no lock screen, no notification center, no badge, no nothing-- on the iPhone. I've checked the notification settings for the apps and they mirror the iPad: Notification Center, Badge App Icon, Sounds, and View in Lock Screen all ON.

Sometimes badges work, sometimes they don't. It seems that badges only consistently appear on the app *after* I've opened it.

I've tried doing a restore on the iPhone, but it seems to have not made any difference. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

2. kepardue thread starter macrumors 6502

Lots of views but no feedback... nothing? I've verified that in some apps push notification just isn't working at all. I have set alarms in some apps that are supposed to go off at a certain time but nothing happens.

I'm about to try Resetting my phone and setting it up as a new phone. That is, not restoring from iCloud backup. I'll lose all of my app data but without any additional feedback I just don't know what else to do. I've restored from the iCloud backup and it's still doing the same thing.

3. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

Don't have a solution for you, but you can test it by doing as you say and setting it up as a new phone, then see if the notifications work, if they do not then as long as you keep the iCloud backup you should be able afterwards to restore all of your info. Once you have done that if things are not working right, go to the Apple store and see what they have to say.

Hope this helps,
    HiddenPuppy