Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphones4evry1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
California, USA
New i.TV 2.0 Just Released (download directly on phone, for some reason the computer iTunes isn't showing the update yet).
Your iPhone functions as a TV remote for TiVo and it says "more remotes coming."

Push notification alerts now remind you of TV shows.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• screenshot_36.JPG
    screenshot_36.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,668
  • screenshot_37.JPG
    screenshot_37.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,667

None Such

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2006
Where exactly is the remote? I downloaded this the other day and didn't see it. Of course I didn't look too long. Happen to have a screen shot? Thanks.

iHateMacs

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Coventry, UK
How does it work? Most remote apps like this rely on the IRDA function of the handheld device to send IR signals.

The iPhone does not have this obviously.

dalejrsfan

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2009
How does it work? Most remote apps like this rely on the IRDA function of the handheld device to send IR signals.

Its not actually a remote. Its all done online. You pick what you want it to record and it will send the request to your tivo box to tell it to record. It only works with Tivo right now, others to follow soon!

fluffer

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2009
So exactly like the TV Plus app I've been using to remote record from my Sky+ HD Box since I've had my 3G S then?

answerman

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2008
Its not actually a remote. Its all done online. You pick what you want it to record and it will send the request to your tivo box to tell it to record. It only works with Tivo right now, others to follow soon!

You're wrong. The ability to send a remote programming request has been in the app for a long time - not new with 2.0.

You can in fact use the app as a remote to control the TiVo just as you'd use an IR remote - play, pause, select, etc. It has all of the same functionality. It works via the network remote API interface, which must be enabled in the TiVo.

Very slick.

Carlos E

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
NYC

If you have a Tivo you can go into settings and enable network remote control. It allows other devices to connect to the Tivo via IP and control the Tivo.

Carlos E

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
NYC
You're wrong. The ability to send a remote programming request has been in the app for a long time - not new with 2.0.

You can in fact use the app as a remote to control the TiVo just as you'd use an IR remote - play, pause, select, etc. It has all of the same functionality. It works via the network remote API interface, which must be enabled in the TiVo.

Very slick.
The only functions I saw last night when I took a quick look was channel changing. There is a green icon of a remote next to the left of the channel listings. I couldn't find where the rest of the Tivo functions were in i.TV 2.0. (Play, pause, Tivo button.) Where is it?

Dominat0r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
i thought this was a IR remote for a TV...now that would be kewl, but i dont know if the iphone has IR or not...

however, i have something similar to control my Squeezebox, its called iPeng. Same thing pretty much, controls it through Wifi, no ir needed.

answerman

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2008
This is what the remote function of i.TV looks like:

Attachments

• IMG_0254.PNG.png
    IMG_0254.PNG.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 45
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.