Iphone O2 advertising has begun.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kickingk, Oct 25, 2007.

1. kickingk macrumors newbie

I went to oxford circus today via the victoria line, and as you walk towards the exit, they were putting o2 iphone huge billboards up all way along....

2. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

pics or didn't happen. j/k . would be nice to see what they look like though

3. ibanana macrumors 6502

can someone post some pictures of that please

4. kickingk thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll try and go back toms and take some pics then upload them - if no one else has by then.

5. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

6. Hustle macrumors 6502a

Don't waste your time reporting this to ASA. They have already told us that they wont do anything about the 02 Unlimited* advertising.

As for the advertising, thats great. I'm still waiting to see the TV Adverts.

7. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

So, who should we report O2's fake adversing?

8. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

your mom???:rolleyes:

9. sananda macrumors 68020

from what i read in another thread, this was only because it was their website which was the subject of the complaint letter not an advert.

10. Hustle macrumors 6502a

You can try if you like, but from past experience, you wont win. 02 is a huge company. They have some of the best and most experienced people working for them, as do most large companies, therefore, aren't going to leave loop-holes open for members to ruin them like that.

11. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

I'll be in London tomorrow, so I'll take pics :)

12. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

I was in Oxford circus today after visiting the Mac Expo, I didn't see any billboard signs.

13. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

This was the point precisely sananda.

It is ridiculous for people to suggest that because O2 is such a big company it is somehow immune from censure by the ASA if it indulges in misleading advertising.

14. sananda macrumors 68020

i am not personally doing anything. and i haven't seen any of their advertising so i don't know whether they are misleading, false or amount to a misrepresentation that is likely to induce someone into entering into a contract.

however, i support members here who say that their use of the word unlimited is inappropriate. and if they did advertise and/or induce on that basis, the amount of experienced people they have working there would be entirely irrelevant. do you suppose that members do not have experience or perhaps jobs that make them expert in these matters? we are not all 16.

15. page3 macrumors 6502

We don't have 'moms' here in the UK. We have Mothers, Mums, or Mummy's (if you're young or rich!).

16. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Actually old boy, I call my mother 'mater' and my father 'pater', and as a matter of fact we are just sitting down to some kippers and devilled kidneys for breakfast before going out with the local hunt to give those foxes a damned good thrashing! :D

17. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

Quoted For Truth :D

18. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

As promised, when I went to get Leopard, I saw the ads - you can only see them coming out of the Oxford Circus station rather than going back in;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for poor pics, stupid non-iPhone!

19. ibanana macrumors 6502

thanks for the pics man.
    let's wait for the tv advert now !

20. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Has anyone spotted any TV ads for the iPhone yet? Only 12 Days, 7 hours and 55 minutes left!

21. Chris Bangle macrumors 6502a

I want more info regrading the launch and activation... Come on 02. Hurry Up...

22. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

Personally glad we haven't seen any after watching at the London Event and hearing that cringe-worthy British voice doing what the silky American one said so much better.

O2 seems to be just plying the info Apple is giving out, so it's them we need to hurry up!

11 Days, 12 Hours, 2 Minutes until I join the queue :D

23. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Yep I saw it when I went to Regent street to queue for Leopard xD Its a really long poster :p

24. Moleshome macrumors member

I'm more than a little bit surprised by the lack of advertising. Here we are less than two weeks away and no TV advertising and nothing new on Apple, O2 or CPW websites.

Combine that with the less than generous tariffs and having to actually buy :eek: the iPhone, and I wouldn't be surprised if the whole UK iPhone launch wasn't distinctly underwhelming.

25. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

I really hope so, at least until demand from those of us who are Apple fans and have been waiting months is satisfied.

However, I think that this is one of those products that generates a market for itself once it is seen out in the wild, so there may be a delayed reaction.