Iphone O2 advertising has begun.....

kickingk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
I went to oxford circus today via the victoria line, and as you walk towards the exit, they were putting o2 iphone huge billboards up all way along....

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
pics or didn't happen. j/k . would be nice to see what they look like though

kickingk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
I'll try and go back toms and take some pics then upload them - if no one else has by then.

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
USA
If this is true, then assuming that they are advertising 'unlimited data', it is time to start lodging those complaints with the Advertising Standards Authority:

http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/how_to_complain/complaints_form/
Don't waste your time reporting this to ASA. They have already told us that they wont do anything about the 02 Unlimited* advertising.

As for the advertising, thats great. I'm still waiting to see the TV Adverts.

sananda

macrumors 68020
May 24, 2007
Don't waste your time reporting this to ASA. They have already told us that they wont do anything about the 02 Unlimited* advertising.
from what i read in another thread, this was only because it was their website which was the subject of the complaint letter not an advert.

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
USA
from what i read in another thread, this was only because it was their website which was the subject of the complaint letter not an advert.
You can try if you like, but from past experience, you wont win. 02 is a huge company. They have some of the best and most experienced people working for them, as do most large companies, therefore, aren't going to leave loop-holes open for members to ruin them like that.

CD3660

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
This was the point precisely sananda.

It is ridiculous for people to suggest that because O2 is such a big company it is somehow immune from censure by the ASA if it indulges in misleading advertising.

sananda

macrumors 68020
May 24, 2007
You can try if you like, but from past experience, you wont win. 02 is a huge company. They have some of the best and most experienced people working for them, as do most large companies, therefore, aren't going to leave loop-holes open for members to ruin them like that.
i am not personally doing anything. and i haven't seen any of their advertising so i don't know whether they are misleading, false or amount to a misrepresentation that is likely to induce someone into entering into a contract.

however, i support members here who say that their use of the word unlimited is inappropriate. and if they did advertise and/or induce on that basis, the amount of experienced people they have working there would be entirely irrelevant. do you suppose that members do not have experience or perhaps jobs that make them expert in these matters? we are not all 16.

CD3660

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2007
We don't have 'moms' here in the UK. We have Mothers, Mums, or Mummy's (if you're young or rich!).
Actually old boy, I call my mother 'mater' and my father 'pater', and as a matter of fact we are just sitting down to some kippers and devilled kidneys for breakfast before going out with the local hunt to give those foxes a damned good thrashing! :D

RossoA

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2007
Horsham, UK
Actually old boy, I call my mother 'mater' and my father 'pater', and as a matter of fact we are just sitting down to some kippers and devilled kidneys for breakfast before going out with the local hunt to give those foxes a damned good thrashing! :D
Quoted For Truth :D

RossoA

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2007
Horsham, UK
As promised, when I went to get Leopard, I saw the ads - you can only see them coming out of the Oxford Circus station rather than going back in;

Sorry for poor pics, stupid non-iPhone!

RossoA

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2007
Horsham, UK
CD3660 said:
Has anyone spotted any TV ads for the iPhone yet?
Personally glad we haven't seen any after watching at the London Event and hearing that cringe-worthy British voice doing what the silky American one said so much better.

I want more info regrading the launch and activation... Come on 02. Hurry Up...
O2 seems to be just plying the info Apple is giving out, so it's them we need to hurry up!

11 Days, 12 Hours, 2 Minutes until I join the queue :D

Moleshome

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2007
Has anyone spotted any TV ads for the iPhone yet? Only 12 Days, 7 hours and 55 minutes left!
I'm more than a little bit surprised by the lack of advertising. Here we are less than two weeks away and no TV advertising and nothing new on Apple, O2 or CPW websites.

Combine that with the less than generous tariffs and having to actually buy :eek: the iPhone, and I wouldn't be surprised if the whole UK iPhone launch wasn't distinctly underwhelming.

CD3660

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised if the whole UK iPhone launch wasn't distinctly underwhelming.
I really hope so, at least until demand from those of us who are Apple fans and have been waiting months is satisfied.

However, I think that this is one of those products that generates a market for itself once it is seen out in the wild, so there may be a delayed reaction.